We were at Qualcomm press conference today and here’s what we know:-
- The LG G Flex 2, which was unveiled by LG earlier today, will be the first smartphone to carry their new flagship Snapdragon 810 processor.
- The Snapdragon 810 will be able to reproduce “console quality” gaming on mobile devices, with a demo of Unreal engine running on a tablet.
- Qualcomm’s processors are now in 15+ wearable devices, and also home appliances from Electrolux, Sharp and more.
- The company will be going into partnership with Walgreens and Novartis to provide connectivity for their healthy choices smartphone apps.
- In a bid to corner a bit of the connected home market, they’ve developed a tiny module that can be manufactured into any standard lightbulb to turn it into a Wi-Fi connected bulb.
- Qualcomm are also demonstrating several concept cars from Honda, Maserati and Cadillac, demonstrating Android Auto, safety features and wireless charging systems powered by their architecture.